Indoors and Outdoors Corporate Photography
J.D. Small not only provides you the option of business portraits created at J.D. Small (insert) Photography Studios but as well as corporate indoors/outdoors photo sessions at your business location. J.D. brings the necessary equipment to set up for the on-site business photography session. You can discuss with J.D. what type of environmental portraits you are looking to be created.
Suggestions for you as the client to keep in mind:
• What is the purpose of the corporate photograph? Is it for advertisement? A magazine story? Billboard advertisement?
• Where would you like the corporate photographs to be created at your business location?
• Indoors or Outdoors?
• Will it be a group corporate photograph? If so, how many people?
• Do you plan to have more than one individual corporate photograph taken at your business location?
• Products and Environment? If you are a car dealership owner and you would like your cars on site to be photograph or one specifically, have those details arranged prior to the photo session.
- Other Environmental Photograph Examples:
1. Restaurant - Owner, Chef and staff, and food to be photographed
2. Auto Repair - staff
3. Airlines - Pilot and flight attendants
Just to mention a few “housekeeping” rules. Keep in mind during the environmental corporate photo session, what you wear, how your hair is styled and check your teeth. Not advisable to be chewing gum during a photo session. Make sure your eye glasses are smudge free. If you decide not to wear them, best to remove them at least 15 minutes prior to the photo session, so there will not be redness and eyeglass indentations marks on your nose.
Attitude is everything, facial expressions can be easily read and seen through the camera lens, especially negative ones. Think of something that makes you smile and feel great. Leave the rest to J.D. Small to allow your experience to be relaxed and at ease.
Author: Lily Chatterjee, Master of Arts in Journalism